Monday, July 27, 2009

Family Campout.











Our family went on their annual camping trip this last weekend. It's not my favorite thing to do but I think it is so important to instill this tradition for my children. Both William and Cheyenne enjoyed it so much. I remember going every year with my family. I don't know how my parents did it for a whole week with 6 kids, one vehicle, one suitcase each. I am up to my ears in laundry just from two kids and a husband.




I am so glad that my dad and mom took us camping and let us experience the outdoors. Several of our old ward families attended and that was fun to see how each of their families have grown. My dad is such a trooper, William didn't have many kids his age there so he tried to join most of the older kids. When the older kids didn't want to play any longer my dad stepped up and played games and chased him.


We also went down to the creek at least once a day and both the kids loved it. It was freezing but both Cheyenne and William would jump right in and play. Cheyenne tried to sit in it several times, I was so afraid they would catch a cold but so far so good. We are glad to be home with the cool air conditioning but will miss that cool nights and outdoor smells. Till next year!


2 comments:

sixskinners said...

Looks like you had fun. We wish we could have made it but my stupid schooling keeps getting in the way. UGH!!! Maybe next year.

Stacey said...

We really missed coming this year. Jace talked about going camping all summer. We wished it could have worked out. Maybe next year we can make it and Jace misses William.