Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My great deal!




I don't like to draw attention to myself and I don't like to brag. I really love saving money when I go to the grocery store though. Even at a young age I was taught by my mom to save. I shop the clearance isles, I never pay retail for anything, other than Steve's jeans (Wranglers). I love, love, love to find good deals. I won't pay someone else to find a deal for me. So let me break it down to you. Fry's is doing Buy 10 get $5 off. Last night was the final night for the week sales. Got my coupons and headed to the store.


This is what I got:


1 gallon milk


2 taco shells


2 toaster struedel


2 cookie mixes


1 go-gurt


2 fruit snacks


2 crescent rolls


2 grand buscuits


1 bag of steamers veg


3 progressive soup


1 loaf bread


1 granola bar


2 warm delight brownies (1 not pictured someone ate before I got picture)




I spent $12.80, that's right 78% savings. Before I had children I breathed, ate, slept good deals now I spend 1 day a week with my coupons and ads to make sure I get the best deal I can. I average $200 a month on grocery's. This includes snacks and meals for all my daycare kids. I am very proud of the job that I do to save my family as much as I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need to know your secret....

btw..my nephew keeps calling me to remind to come to his game on friday...mesa high against dobson...i must go to represent right??.class of '89....

Heath Reed said...

That is my sista! Always good at the bargins! That is amazing. You need to drop the baby sitting and get your own show. But about the brag thing, shoot, I have heard you plenty of time brag about what you saved. But then again, Im your brother.

countrydreamer said...

That is awesome to save that much money! Hope all is good with you and your family. Miss you. Oh and I have corrected your last name!!!
Heather

BeckyinQC said...

I didn't get to sit in on your class last spring at Enrichment because of Brody. I would love to learn your tricks sometime!